The PT & OT's guide to the most effective and up-to-date evaluation and treatment strategies for clients diagnosed with any form of Dystonia.
Live Course will be held LIVE on November 10, 2022 @ 5PM PST and recording will be available afterwards.
Key learning objectives:
- Identify common sensory, motor control, autonomic and lifestyle deficits in clients with dystonia
- Design a comprehensive and evidence based treatment program based on assessment findings
- Implement sensory and autonomic training into a treatment program.
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers to optimize outcomes.
We've created a complete guide to dystonia evaluation and treatment that goes beyond the basics and addresses:
- The essential sensory testing you need to be doing (with video demonstrations) with every patient with dystonia
- How to classify sensory disorders effectively and translate them into effective treatment techniques
- Which outcome measures best reveal deficits associated with dystonia
- How to perform and document the JPE and subjective visual vertical (SVV) testing
- The subjective portion of your examination (including patient handouts to set them up for success)
- Components of an effective movement analysis (so you don't waste your time on tests that don't matter)
- How to integrate Learning Based Sensorimotor Techniques (LBSMT) into your patient's treatment plan
Learn how to use a multitude of treatment techniques including:
With each module of the course, you'll have an interactive reflection sheet as well as two interactive patient cases to practice your new skills.
Your Dystonia Mini-Course Bonuses includes:
- Dystonia Questionnaire & Objective Measures Toolkit (9 in total)
- Cervical Dystonia - Evaluation Cheat-Sheet (PDF)
- Cervical Dystonia - Treatment Cheat-Sheet (PDF)
- LBSMT Patient Information Sheet (PDF)
- Goal sheet to use with your dystonia patients (PDF)
- JPE Instructions and forms - Cheat-Sheets (PDF)
- SVV Instructions and forms - Cheat-Sheets (PDF)
- 2 Point Discrimination Norms - Cheat-Sheet (PDF)
- 10 meter walk in Dystonia - Cheat Sheet (PDF)
- PSFS Instructions and form - Cheat-Sheet (PDF) and video
- Comprehensive Dystonia Reference list (PDF)
- Online Resource list for you and your patients (PDF)